Bonza Bay hotel
Bonza Bay Hotel was built on a portion of Farm 186. Since 1863 the farm was ownd by Simon Little MOUNTFORD , who sold a portion to J.H. WOOD. That portion was divided in 100 plots that became the Bonza Bay village. Some of those plots were acquired by John Clifford FORWARD who established a boarding house that evolved into the Bonza Bay Hotel. In 1937 Phyllis FORWARD took over the running of the boarding house from her father. He retained ownership until at least 1942. Meanwhile Phyllis had married William NICHOL and by 1951 they were the owners of the hotel. William built the two thatched rondavels in the hotel grounds. The ruins of one of them still stands in 2014, the last remnant of the hotel.